Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines' Cruise Line's Better Business Bureau File
BBB of Kansas, Incorporated no longer processes complaints against this company. Any complaints are directed to BBB serving West Palm Beach, FL for processing.
Prior to June 14, 2010 this company's complaints were handled locally. The following data represents complaints processed by this BBB prior to June 14, 2010.
When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.
BBB processed a total of 213 complaints about this company in the last 36 months. Of the total of 213 complaints closed in 36 months, 43 were closed in the last year.
These complaints concerned :
- 12 regarding Advertising Issues
- 19 regarding Billing or Collection Issues
- 5 regarding Contract Issues
- 85 regarding Customer Service Issues
- 2 regarding Guarantee or Warranty Issues
- 3 regarding Product Issues
- 57 regarding Refund or Exchange Issues
- 18 regarding Sales Practice Issues
- 12 regarding Service Issues
- These complaints were closed as:
- 9 Administratively Closed
BBB History after June 14, 2010 as of February 1, 2011:
BBB processed a total of 72 complaints about this company in the last 36 months. Of the total of 72 complaints closed in 36 months, 72 were closed in the last year.
These complaints were closed as:
- 12 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.
- 39 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.
- 1 - Company offered a partial (less than 100%) settlement which the consumer accepted.
- 18 Administratively Closed
- 12 - BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.
- 6 - BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.
The Bad Cruise Ship Vacation
The Bad Vacation category covers all the little things the cruise line had control over, yet allowed to take place, turning a dream cruise into a headache. This category includes missed ports, canceled excursions, missing luggage, the wedding cake that never arrived, cabin air conditioning that didn't work, food that was not fit to eat, odor in the cabin that was unbearable, elevators that didn't work, a butler who never showed his face, unattainable room service for a sick family, items stolen from the cabin, incorrect or unauthorized charges to a credit card, bed bugs who took up residency in the cabin, toilets that wouldn't flush, far too noisy passengers next door ship's security wouldn't address and any of an array of complaints that took away the significant pleasure of the cruise while you were on it, but didn't significantly impact your life after you got home.
It would be too costly to hire an attorney to advocate, resolve this issue on your own by using a free mediator. See below. Your complaint more serious? Click here
1. File a complaint while you are still aboard the ship. Document the complaint. If possible, file the complaint in writing, with two copies, have the person you filed the complaint with sign and date your copy of the complaint.
2. Follow-up with a phone call when you arrive home, fax your copy of the complaint to the home office.
3. If satisfactory resolution is not attained through steps 1 and 2, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The history of BBB complaints against the cruise line is seen below, along with their record of addressing the complaints.