The Bad Cruise Ship Vacation
The Bad Vacation category covers all the little things the cruise line had control over, yet allowed to take place, turning a dream cruise into a headache. This category includes missed ports, canceled excursions, missing luggage, the wedding cake that never arrived, cabin air conditioning that didn't work, food that was not fit to eat, odor in the cabin that was unbearable, elevators that didn't work, a butler who never showed his face, unattainable room service for a sick family, items stolen from the cabin, incorrect or unauthorized charges to a credit card, bed bugs who took up residency in the cabin, toilets that wouldn't flush, far too noisy passengers next door ship's security wouldn't address and any of an array of complaints that took away the significant pleasure of the cruise while you were on it, but didn't significantly impact your life after you got home.
It would be too costly to hire an attorney to advocate, resolve this issue on your own by using a free mediator. See below. Your complaint more serious? Click here
1. File a complaint while you are still aboard the ship. Document the complaint. If possible, file the complaint in writing, with two copies, have the person you filed the complaint with sign and date your copy of the complaint.
2. Follow-up with a phone call when you arrive home, fax your copy of the complaint to the home office.
3. If satisfactory resolution is not attained through steps 1 and 2, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The history of BBB complaints against the cruise line is seen below, along with their record of addressing the complaints.
BBB History as of February 1, 2011:
Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F. Factors that lowered this business' rating include:
•9 complaints filed against business
•Failure to respond to 2 complaints filed against business.
•BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business. BBB made at least two requests for background information from the business. BBB has not received a response from the business and/or has not been able to verify information received from business.
•BBB does not have sufficient information to determine size of business. BBB evaluation of business is based on rating formula's smallest size classification.
•BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
BBB processed a total of 9 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 9 complaints closed in 36 months, 9 were closed in the last year.
These complaints concerned :
- 2 regarding Billing or Collection Issues
- 1 regarding Contract Issues
- 5 regarding Customer Service Issues
- 1 regarding Refund or Exchange Issues
- These complaints were closed as:
- 2 Administratively Closed